Monday, April 19, 2010

Ha! Some things never change!!

Well not to get too specific I called my sons dad today to talk to him about some things that I was not happy about and were very upsetting. As usual, a tiger never changes their stripes. I always try to believe the good in people , give them the benefit and with some I realize I cannot do that. I tried to talk to him and it turned into an attack on me, him telling me it was none of my business. I told him that I was my sons mother and what happens in his house and my house is a concern. Through the many years of custody, I have not taken him back for child support, I have been above it all. Today was a real eyeopener for me and the ultimate to call my son a liar. Anyone who is close to me knows my son is my life, I would give anything for him. It has been him and for almost 8 years. It is unfortunate that people have no insight into others or themselves. At one point, while talking about our son, I said he is a child he has no control over what is happening. It is all about him and it shouldnt. Unfortunately, my son sees it and I didnt need to say anything and that is what is sad. When you children are very little and you are in the midst of this , they at times dont know what is going on but now at this age he does and my heart breaks because we cant change people. I am so grateful for having my son the relationship that we have. He is the best.

2 comments:

  1. He is so lucky to have you, in fact you are lucky to have each other. You are making the best out of your situation, I applaud you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's sad that some people never grow up. Good for you fore being the better person and mom!

    ReplyDelete