Wednesday, April 21, 2010

For the D man

    Some days like most of us do, I wake up and say where did all of this time go. How was it that my son was just born and now he is eight years old. Of late, I have grown a bit frustrated with myself for many reasons. Some of that frustration lies in the fact that when it comes to my son, it is basically him and I. So I do it all. I want to be a great example to him, I want to motivate him. I want him to know what an awesome kid he and how he always makes me laugh. I have so many great memories with him. He and I went to see Nickelback and Papa Roach last summer and he sat and was headbanging his head. As the years have gone by, I see that all of the time I have spent with him has paid off. He is so kind to others, always helpful. He comes to the grocrey store and will help carry my bags, if he would just clean that room!!  He also has my attention span, try doing his homework together!! When you have children and even all of the years after, it makes you look at your life so so differently. Its not about going out and partying, they are diapers to change and buy.. We have talks that I have and have not been ready for. We have had to talk about why people choose to be with people who are not nice to each other. We talk about word meanings which requires me at times doing it two or three words so he understands it. Todays word was rigid. 
                One of the best memories I have is when he went to Florida last year and I did not want him to not sit on the plane with nothing to do. So we packed his Darth Vader suitcase full of toys and a Ninetendo DS and I dropped him off. When he came back ten days later I asked him if he took his suitcase and he said, "Well I told Grandma that you said it had to go on the plane so it went on the plane."  Children dont get enough credit for knowing what they want and how they see things because what is is so beautiful is that they dont have the judgements, filters that we have. They just say whatever comes to mind. For some reason, I feel so proud and so happy when I go to pick him at daycare and they yell "Dawsons mom is here!!"  And that title is the best one for me!! Love you D!!

2 comments:

  1. Mom is the best title, isn't it?!! I have never been so proud of a loss of identity, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww! Some days I want to change my name from Mom, but most of the time I just wallow in it! Being a mom is God's greatest gift.

    ReplyDelete